Scrappin' Friends

E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

Monday, July 26, 2010

40:31 Creations Under the Sea Layout Challenge



Lauren over at 40:31 Creations challenged us to use the theme "Under the Sea" to create a card or a layout. I choose to create a shape card. The pearl and the cover are both heat embossed using Stampendous Detail White embossing powder purchased at Michael's. I dry embossed by hand the cover using Fiskar's braid patterned embossing plate. That was a challenge but my soon to be 13 year old son said and I quote, "That is way cool on so many levels." So, you know I feel pretty good. I don't know you can read the inside of the card but it says, "You're such a pearl." I hope you enjoy my creation.

1 comment:

mum of two said...

That is really cute! Is the shell the one from create a critter? I used that on in my creation for this challenge, I popped a mermaid on it. I love the embossing you did and the braid apttern is really cool! TFS :)

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com/

>
Graphics by The Shabby Vanity