Scrappin' Friends

E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

Saturday, October 23, 2010

SSDS DT Inspiration - Christmas (no red or green)



Happy Saturday!  Today's challenge over at Scrap, Stamp, and Doodle Saturdays is to create a Christmas card without using the colors red or green.  These cute digis were given to us by Torta Gialla. She is also our sponsor for this week.  The winner will receive a $10 gift certificate to her shop

I hope you can see that my darling is an ice princess.  I used my colored pencils (don't have fancy Copics or any other medium) and stickles to adorn her.  Her eyes even sparkle.  The final card is 5" x 8.5". I am still digging the new tips that I learned from Momo concerning embossing.  I'm so pleased with how it turned out on this card.  The pictures don't do the card any justice.  I embossed snowflakes all over the card.  The sentiment says Merry Christmas to All.  There are hearts and stars embossed on the bottom also.  I doodled around the edge of the card to soften the edges.  Also, what ice princess could be without her bling (ice).  So, I added rhinestones around her frame.  I hope you like the card and will participate with us in this week's challenge.  Every week you guys blow me away with such great submissions.  Also, be sure to stop by and check out the other DT projects.  They are some truly talented ladies. 

Happy Scrappin'!
signature

No comments:

>
Graphics by The Shabby Vanity