Scrappin' Friends

E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Crazy About Cricut DT Project - Tribute

Happy Thursday! I've been missing a bit from blogging but I'm still alive.  I still have a lot going on in my world but I can't complain. 

Today, I'm here with a tribute to my father.  For our DT project with Crazy About Cricut, we are supposed to create a home decor item as a tribute to someone.  Well, this project caused me to wrestle a bit with what I wanted to do.  I finally settled on something that I hope will make you laugh. 


Here he is.  The cat's meow!  So handsome. I miss him very much!

I created this sign in memory of my Dad's great sense of humor.  He never met a stranger and always had jokes for days.  If you didn't know anything about Big Walt's or Mr. Young's humor, you could officially consider yourself a stick-in-the-mud.



I created this plaque with a special saying.  It says, I hope everything comes out alright.  Now, that by itself isn't funny BUT when it's hanging in the bathroom, it's a different story.  By the way, check out the Peachy Keen face.  Isn't it adorable?  I used some of my Post-it paper and the Cricut to make this tribute to a man of much laughter. 


I hope you enjoyed my project and will be back to visit real soon.  Feel free to leave a comment.  I promise I read each and every one.  I may not always write back but if you have any questions, email me at askscrappinsista (at) hotmail (dot) com.  I will get back with you.  Be sure to stop by Crazy About Cricut to check out my Crazy DT sisters' projects.  We have some new faces in the house.  I hope you enjoy and I'll see ya soon.
signature

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Just awesome. He would love it.

Misty Olsen said...

He was so beautiful :o) I know he would of liked it...My dad was like yours too...He didn't care much for sticks in the mud LOL

Tanya said...

LOVe it!! Totally hilarious!!!

Hugs,
Tanya

Anonymous said...

such a beautiful wall hanging I love it.

Art by Andy Bauer said...

That is very funny! Great job!
Andy

Lisa's Memory Parlor said...

Christel you did a awesome job! I love it!!! Sorry I missed you on Wednesday...I am available today (as right now sitting in the car dealer waiting on repairs) when you get the time to help me with my blog. Email me on facebook, and I will pass my phone# to you! Thanks hun!
Lisa

owlbescrappin said...

OMG my dad says that too!!! I thought I was the only one with a weird dad LOL

Paula

>
Graphics by The Shabby Vanity