Happy Monday! I'm SOOOOO excited! For this entire month of October, I'm celebrating my birthday by showcasing some of the wonderful scrappy friends that I have met. This has been a wonderful journey for me since I started blogging in June of last year. Who would have thought that I would meet so many wonderful people via the internet.
Today, we have Amy. She's new to me but in the short amount of time I have have known her, I can honestly say that you'll love her work. She is the BOMB when it comes to getting things FREE. She's also kicking off a super fantastic giveaway on her blog so you'll definitely want to stop by.
Hi gang!! Thanks so much for coming to see what I did for Christel's birthday month, and thanks to the wonderful birthday girl for hosting this awesome extravaganza!So, a little about me? I'm one of those crazy extreme couponers you hear about. We pretty much get all of our groceries for free (or at least 95% - 98% off!) I also LOVE scrapbooking. I wanted to find a way to combine these two passions, so I've learned to use some of the skills I learned from couponing, to apply to getting my scrapbooking supplies super cheap or free! Some examples???
My first Cricut baby bug and lots of cartridges. Cost: FREE!
My Cricut E2. Cost: After combining a sweepstakes winning and a blog win, my out of pocket cost was FREE!
My brand new completely remodeled scrap room with custom built 14 foot long desk, and paper shelves. Cost: $22 plus a few weeks of house/dog sitting for my neighbors!I just love FREE!! A few months ago, I started a hybrid blog talking about how to get great deals on some goodies, plus I've thrown a little scrapbooking in there too! It's Scrap This, Save That. (http://scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com) Stop by and say hi if you have a chance! And since October is also my birthday month, I'm kicking off a HUGE giveaway today! Come take a peek.
Okay, enough of that...now it's on to the card I made for Christel! I scrap-lifted a card I found on http://shesasassylady.blogspot.com called an accordion card. I used my Gypsy and cuts from Elegant Edges. Plus, I incorporated some of Christel's favorite colors. You may wonder why the hearts are on a birthday card...well, lemme tell ya! The first post I ever read on Christel's blog, quite a long time ago, was ended with her catch-phrase, "I love you and there ain't nothing you can do about it!" I love the whole idea of that phrase! And, it made me smile. The more time I spent poking around her blog, the more I saw how she really exudes loving and caring in everything she does. So...HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTH CHRISTEL! And thank you for all that you do!
***BLOG CANDY ALERT***
Here is a sample of a recent layout that I created using the software.
1. In order to be eligible for the My Memories Suite Birth Month Giveaway, here is what you need to do.
1. Be a follower of my blog.
2. Go to the My Memories Suite website and check out their digital paper packs. In your comment under this post, tell me which paper pack is your favorite.
2. Visit my bloggy friends and leave them some love.
Extra chances to win can be gained by doing the following.
1. Go to My Memories Suite Facebook page, like them, and tell them I sent you. Come back here and post an additional comment. (One per person for the month.)
2. Go to My Memories Suite blog, follow them, and while you're there check out all the wonderful creations. Come back and leave another comment for an additional chance to win. (One per person for the month.)
3. Follow My Memories Suite on Twitter. Come back and leave another comment for an additional chance to win. (One per person for the month).
4.Share this giveaway on your blog or Facebook. Come back and share a link to your post with me for an additional chance to win.
If you would like to go ahead and purchase the software, wouldn't you like to save $10 on the software and then a $10 gift certificate to the store? Well...click on my banner below to claim both! Be sure to enter code STMMMS93181 at checkout. I promise you won't regret it!
Happy scrappin'! I love you and there ain't nothing you can do about it!