Scrappin' Friends

E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

Saturday, July 13, 2013

***UPDATED*** Swap to Hop Blog Hop with Scrappin' Sista Swaps


Welcome to the “Swap to Hop Blog Hop” with Scrappin’ Sista Swaps. This is the last stop aboard the hop train.  Today the swappers are bringing you some very special projects created using the cuts we exchanged during our Summer Animal Cut swap!

If you've hopped along from Evelyn's spot then you are in the right place!! If you are just joining me from your dashboard, or reading this via email, please be sure to CLICK HERE to start at the beginning with Jessica's blog. That way you’ll be able to get in on all the fun!!!

Well, today's hop is all about showcasing the items we created while swapping.  In May, we swaps fun summer animal cuts.  I am showcasing Evelyn's CUTE paper piecing.  It is a retired SVG file from My Scrap Chick.  Though this file is retired, there are MANY great files that are available on the site.  

I made a layout to showcase Evelyn's creation for our recent trip to Miami.  I love how the birdie just pops against the sand background.  I hope you like it.  It was real easy to make.  The sun is created using a technique that I found on Pinterest.  Here's the link if you'd like to try it yourself.






Materials:
12x12 paper
Retired Beach Birdie SVG cut provided my Evelyn
Stickles - Diamond, Yellow, and Baby Blue
Sentiments from K. Andrew's Life's a Beach set 

Here is Kim Brown's creation from our swap.  She doesn't have a blog so I've agreed to showcase her project here.  Isn't this card just darling?  She used Lynden's squirrel to create this wonderful card.  


And what’s a blog hop without treats! Candy Crush is not the only place to find candy!!!  There are goodies sprinkled throughout the blog hop.  Be sure to stop at all the stops and leave some love on each stop.  To be eligible for any of the drawings, you must follow the blog hostess’s rules, as well as comment on each stop.  We will check.

For my blog candy, I will provide a SURPRISE goody envelope of past swap goodies.  They will include tags, charms, stick pins, etc, etc, etc.  You don't want to miss out on all the goodness.  I promise it's worth it. To enter: be a follower of my blog and leave a comment below. It's that simple. I will ship to anyone in the U.S.  If you are outside of the U.S. and are willing to pay shipping, please feel free to enter the drawing.  I'm sorry to have to do it that way but things are getting more and more expensive it seems day by day.  I'll post the winner on Monday, July 15.

Here’s the line-up in case you get lost along the way.
7. Christel - http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

FYI...Scrappin’ Swaps will be starting back up with full force real soon.  We’re looking for a few admins to help manage the monthly swaps.  If you are interested in serving on this dynamic team, please send an email to askscrappinsista@hotmail.com and put Scrappin’ Sista Swaps Admin in the subject line.  Be on the lookout for the future swaps coming up.  We always PUSH the envelope and challenge you to expand your creativity.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed our eye candy.  Well, this is the end.  I hope to see you back real soon.  Remember, I love you and there is nothing you can do about it.


signature

15 comments:

ShersL84bed said...

Christel this is darling. I love how you stamped in each of the circles, fun and clever. I really need to get back into scrapbooking again. :) Thank you for such a fun hop.

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with her!!
Thanks for putting this blog hop together, Christel! Hope to participate in more in the future!
Evelyn

Cheri said...

This layout is adorable. It will look great with your pictures. I think your beach ball sentiments are fabulous!

Cheri - John 3:16
www.djssundries.blogspot.com

JustMaxine55 said...

This is adorable, Cristel! I am really kicking myself for not joining this swap. :-(

Karen Sue said...

such pretty projects.

Life and Knits said...

Super cute card and awesome Hop!

Susie

Lynden Blossom said...

Great layout incorporating the cute cut file! Thanks for the link to the Sun - I may try it for my project this week, as it might be just perfect for it! Thanks for organizing this Hop - Hope it was successful for all. ;-}
Lynden

http://aneleganttouch-lynden.blogspot.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/An-Elegant-Touch-/162889457132788
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lyndens-Cookie-Lee-Jewelry/209062415911124

Lynden Blossom said...

P.S. I've Followed you for quite a while...wherever You go, I will Follow - ;-}
Lynden

Shalana said...

Your layout is too stinkin cute! I love the colors and the overall concept of the page. I am also loving Kim's creation. Very nice job using the cuts.

MMDesi9ns said...

WELL BOTH OF YOU LADIES DID A GREAT JOB AND THANKS FOR THE INVITE. EVERYONE DID A GREAT JOB.

C'est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC said...

Excellent hop! Shalana told me about it. Thanks for the inspiration and giveaway. I'm your newest follower.

I’m featured in a hop this weekend as well. Please check it out!

La-Vie B.
Follow me at C’est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC

Kristin said...

SO adorable, great job both of you!!!

Christina Hicks said...

I am so in love with that little birdie.

Christina Hicks said...

Kim I love your little squirrel. Beautiful flowers.

Audrey Frelx said...

So darn adorable!

>
Graphics by The Shabby Vanity