Scrappin' Friends

E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

Sunday, October 3, 2010

ESS102 & Sisters in Christ Challenge




I hope everyone got to scrap something for WCMD. I only had the opportunity to make one card because I am working on two wedding projects. I will share after they are completed.

I created this card with two challenges in mind. At ESS, their is a sketch challenge. It's really cute and simple. At Sisters in Christ, the challenge was use a Christian symbol for peace, with John 14:27 in mind.

This card is made using all scraps. The pattern cardstock was cut and scored to create a standard A2 size card. I then layered blue cardstock and white cardstock that I had in my stash on top of that. Using the Martha Stewart lattice border punch, I created what I think looks like lace out of a scrap of the blue cardstock. Using the Forever Young and Plantin Schoolbook Cricut Cartridges, I created the scalloped oval and oval layers for the sentiment. The sentiment once stamped looks better in person. It actually looks as though it is floating on the paper. It reads, " Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase." This was a quote from Dr. Martin Luther King. I stamped it with silver ink and colored in the edges of the cross with a brown marker. I embossed the word believe in the lower corner and added 3 pearls for an accent. Enjoy!

Happy Scrappin'!

signature

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Beautiful!!!!! I love that you used scraps too. That's the best kind of card. The image really called to me. Love what you did with the sketch. Such a joy to have you play along. I hope you will again soon!!
Hugs,
Tracy

>
Graphics by The Shabby Vanity