Scrappin' Friends

E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Fall Challenge - SSDS DT Card

SSDS - Fall DT Card

Happy Saturday!  It's time again for another challenge from Scrap, Stamp, and Doodle Saturdays. This week you are challenged to incorporate fall and whatever that means into your creation.  I used a stamp that was free from Beccy's Place. The items displayed in her digi truly represent Fall to me.

The final card is 5"x7".  I rounded the corners at the bottom only.  The leaves in the bottom corner are heat embossed using pigment ink and clear embossing powder.  The digi was colored using my handy dandy colored pencils (once again) and the few Bic Mark-Its that I possess.  The markers were used to add highlights and dimension.  I realize as I was trying to assemble the card that the elements were a bit large so I trimmed around the digi with regular scissors.  Then I realized the digi needed more. I added some heat embossed stamps to the background under the digi and round the opposite corners.  For extra accents, I cut two strips of paper, punched the edges of one side using the Fiskars apron lace punch.  Then this was embossed using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder for added texture.  I inked the top of the card because the rest of it seemed so subdued and the yellow cardstock jumped out at you.

Be sure to hop on over to SSDS and join in this week's challenge.  It's easy and fun!  While you are there checking out the dets, be sure to check out my DT sistas.  They have some amazing work for your inspiration. I truly hope you enjoyed my card creation.

Happy Scrappin'! 

signature

6 comments:

Amanda Villarreal said...

This turned out great!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Very pretty card!

~amy~ said...

great fall card!

Rose said...

fantastic card for Fall :) and a fun take on the sketch

~ Sophia ~ said...

Great take on the sketch!
And it´s nice to have you playing along with us on 365 Cards.

Pam said...

Beautiful Fall card!

>
Graphics by The Shabby Vanity